Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Completed To-Do List

Here's where I'll move things over from my current to-do list just in case anyone wants to accuse me of never accomplishing anything:

Completed tasks 12/16/07-1/31/08 (most recently completed first):

  1. Install exhaust fan/light in upstairs bathroom. Man, what a pain in the ass that was!
  2. Hack back the privet. I started to do just enough to keep low-hanging branches from smacking us in the face if we had snow or ice, and ending up taking out a lot of aggression on them.
  3. Get wood flooring from the old house. We got enough for the one area that has none, plus plenty for patches throughout the house!
  4. Install new kitchen faucet. Von did this 1/6. It looks great!
  5. Install new pantry shelf. Done 1/5
  6. Buy new kitchen faucet, shower head, and door-mounted pantry shelf unit, install new shower head, and get Delta to send an extra part since it doesn't fit right. Plus mail more packages.Done 1/3. Yes, another one added after the fact, just so I can have a record of what I've done and when.
  7. Get the new shelves put up in the linen closet and organize stuff in there. Done 1/2. WHY do I make the same damn stupid mistakes every single time I install wire shelving?!?
  8. Mail long overdue package to friend plus books to folks who bought them off ebay/amazon. Done 1/2.
  9. Install under-cabinet pan and lid organizer. Done 1/1. Took care of at least half of that disaster of a cabinet, now I need something for the other side.
  10. Complete homework for online class. Done 12/31. I've finished 9 chapters out of 15, and the other 6 will have to wait until I get the specific assignments from the instructor. Microsoft Office totally sucks.
  11. Go to house that's about to be torn down and take out as much as we could possibly reuse in this house: Doors, trim, wood flooring to patch places in dining room. Well, I got two doors with 9-pane glass windows that I hope to be able to use, and Bill is going over to saw the flooring up for me. Not as much as I'd hoped (someone else had already taken several doors), but at least it was something. The trim was going to be too hard to get off - walls mush behind them so nothing to use for leverage and yet they were still solidly nailed into place.
  12. Return library books, mail books, pick up Rx, call 500 daycares, install Office 2007 which totally freakin' sucks, do exercises in first chapter of new Office book, do 4 loads of laundry. Done 12/26. Hey, I had to see stuff done even if it wasn't on the list and isn't house related.
  13. Get rid of all the recycling stuff Done 12/23 but I forgot the library books, dammit.
  14. Get textbooks listed for sale. Done 12/23. Yes, I add things to my "completed" list that weren't on my "to do" list if they should have been there.
  15. Organize the pantry cupboard (it's scary; we have no idea what might be lurking under the layers of plastic grocery bags and reusable TJ's bags. Done 12/22, even with my granddaughter -- on her 19m birthday -- trying very hard to "help."
  16. Sharpen all my knives Done 12/22, this one with baby granddaughter safely at home!
  17. Go back through the attic, pull out things that can be recycled (boxes for stuff we've had past its warranty, for example), convince V to get rid of some of the crap that we do NOT need to be keeping, and add it to the shelter run pile. Done! 12/16: Boxes broken down and ready for the recycle run, we're getting rid of three of the extra chairs (two dining room, one office) that were stashed in the attic, and I listed a buttload of stuff on freecycle this weekend.
  18. Identify two dressers that we can get rid of, and get rid of them (DV shelter again). Actually we ended up finding a use for both of them - one now helps keep my office organized, the other is going to hold extra blankets.
  19. Get the 3rd floor better organized once there's room created by disappearing the empty unused dressers. Spent several hours yesterday (12/16) getting the 3rd floor a LOT better organized even with the dressers there. Put shelves in one of the closets to take some of the overflow from the attic. Went through the last of the moving boxes. Listed a bunch of stuff on Freeycycle. Got my sewing room much better organized - I'd call it 90% done, now! Found the parts (with one still missing - can I improvise? we'll see) needed to reassemble the futon couch.
  20. Paint the bottom part of the old enamel-topped table and bring it to the dining room with some baskets/bins for mail sorting. Not completed, but we decided not to do this.

No comments: