Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The one that got away

Salisbury Freecycle: Offer, cast iron tub, new in crate, not a clawfoot.

Me: Heart attack city as I can't type a "ME! ME!!! PICK ME!!!" reply fast enough.

Them: I have had lots of interest in the tub. It sounds like you are in need of one. I would like to offer it to you.

Me: I forgot to ask the measurements.

Them: The label says 60' long, 32.5" wide. It doesn't say how deep but it looks really deep.

Me: Thats so perfect - one last important question, does it have a left or right hand drain?

Them: Right side.

Me: $#!+

::sigh:: At least we're heading north to NY in a couple of weeks to pick up the free tile that someone from Old House Web is giving us -- enough white bullnose edge and cove base subway tile to do the whole bathroom (I'll use that for border and something else, I'm thinking maybe a 6" square, for the main part), plus almost enough black & white hex tile to do the floor if it turns out that the wood floor can't be used.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That always happens to me... perfect until the last minute! AACK!

The tile sounds nice.

EGE said...

See, I didn't get that the other post was staying on top, and I didn't notice that there was a new one until it had been up for two days. That said...

Maybe I ought to check out thei "freecycle" thing you're always raving about.

(I kid. I did sign up for it once, but there were too many emails every day and anything I wanted was always gone before I heard about it. You must be better at it than I was.)