Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Oldhouseweb.com

There's something just immensely soothing to an old house freak about just reading through the titles in a forum populated by old house freaks like me:
  • Vintage thermostats
  • Carpet vs wood floor
  • Save the Moss House!
  • Bathroom pictures
  • Would you paint this screen door?
  • BEES!!
  • What was the purpose of this dormer window?
  • Ghost story, anyone?
  • What I did this weekend
I don't even have to read the threads, just reading the titles is enough to start feeling at home. These are my people, my tribe. They GET IT in a way that non-old house lovers will never understand.

Now, off to look at bathroom pictures and maybe write about what I did this weekend.

2 comments:

EGE said...

Hey! Sorry I haven't been here in a while. You hadn't been posting much and I got out of practice -- now I've got a lot of catching up to do. And I'll put your link back on my blog, too, now that you're back...

Leslie said...

s'ok, m'dear! I realize my posting habits go way up and down. I can often only get over to your delightful blog in fits and spurts, but I'll keep coming back no matter what!